Manitowoc County, Wisconsin Manitowoc County
HOMEFEEDBACKHELPVirtual Government Center

2015 Adopted Budget
2014 Adopted Budget
CAFR - 2013
2014-2015 Directory
Corp Counsel Documents
County Code
Resource Directory
Sheriff Sales
Economic Development
Online Auctions

County Board
   Resolutions &
County Executive
County Tidbits
Election Information
Land Records
   Pay Taxes On-Line
   Real Estate Tax
   ROD Documents
Our Vision
Phone Directory
Related Links
Site Map
Website Policies

Get Adobe Acrobat Reader
SEARCH: Advanced Search
Departments: Human Services Department
Department Home | Services | Forms / Documents | Contact | Location | Announcements | Links | FAQ | Business Units
Abbreviations Key
 CFS - Child and Family Services Unit CPS - Child Protective Services Unit FRU - Family Resource Unit AODA, MH, Crisis, Outpatient - Clinical Services Unit ES - Economic Support Unit
Adult Protective Services
 Manitowoc County Human Services Department is the lead agency responsible for the investigation of physical abuse, neglect or self-neglect, and material abuse of adults.
AODA Services - Clinical Services Unit
Autism Intensive Treatment Services
 This treatment method is proven effective for services that consist of the introduction of a particular approach to improve a child's social, behavior and communication skills in order to demonstrate measurable outcomes in these areas and overall developmental benefits. The intent is for the child to have fewer needs in the future and make clinically significant gains as a direct result of this service toward normal development.
Autism Waiver/Services
 The service is limited to children who have a diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome, autism, or pervasive developmental disorder-not otherwise specified (PDD-NOS). The child must meet diagnostic and functional criteria before starting services. Services must start before the child reaches the age of eight.
Birth to Three-FR Unit
 Birth to Three is an individually guided program of early intervention services available to help families meet the developmental needs of their children. Children are found eligible if it is dtermined they have a delay in their development or have a diagnosed condition which will likely result in a delay. Each county is mandated by state and federal laws to offer its own system to provide these services. Anyone can make a referral to the program and it is a voluntary program for the families that are involved.
Child Abuse/Neglect Investigations - CPS Unit
Child Care Payment Assistance - ES/ Job Center
Child Maltreatment Ongoing Services - CFS/CPS Unit
Children First Program - ES/Job Center
Children's Long Term Support Waivers - FR Unit
 Wisconsin has three approved CLTS waivers for children with developmental disabilities, physical disabilities, and severe emotional disturbances. The purpose of the waivers is to help families support their children with severe disabilities within their own home. The program provides families comprehensive assessment services. For those eligible, this program provides the development of an Individual Service Plan, ongoing case coordination services and gap filling funds based on an individualized plan of care to purchase goods or services necessary to support the child and family. The goal of the program is to assist the family supporting the child in the most integrated, naturalized setting possible.
Crisis Services-24 Hours
 24/7 Crisis Services-Clinical Services Unit
Delinquency Services - YFS Unit
Education and Training Vouchers
 The purpose of the ETV Program is to help youh make the transition to self-sufficiency and receive the education, training and services necessary to obtain employment. The Education and Training Vouchers (ETV) Program is a federally funded initiative under the Chafee Foster Care Independence Act to make vouchers for postsecondary education and training available to youths who have aged out of foster care.
Family Support-FR Unit
 In the form of service coordination assistance, special funding and respite care.
Renewal Application 09 fillable.doc
Food Share Program - ES Unit - Job Center
Foster Care Program - Kinship Care
 Kinship Care is the care of a minor child by a legal relative. The relative receives a financial grant from Manitowoc County in the amount of $226.00 per month for each eligible child. The relative completes an application for the monthly grant. An assessment is done to determine if the criteria mandated by the State of Wisconsin are met. This includes a criminal background check and a home visit by a social worker to ensure that the living situation meets the statutory requirement. The child's parents must agree to the living arrangements, unless it is a court-ordered placement. Parents may have to pay toward the Kinship Care grant. Depending on funding, a wait list may be set up. For more information or questions regarding Kinship Care, visit our website at If you would like an application for Kinship Care, please contact Cindy Schley at(920)683-4746.
Foster Care Program - Licensed Foster Homes
 Foster care is a temporary living arrangement for children and youth who are unable to live with their own families due to safety concerns or other family crises. When it is not possible for a child to remain in their home, foster homes are critical in providing children and youth with a safe and stable living environment. Foster families are instrumental in assisting the child or youth with coping with their situation and keeping them connected to their family. Foster parents are an important part of a team of people working toward reunification or other permanency options for the children and youth in their care. Foster parents can foster children and youth ages 0-18. All families receive financial compensation for the children placed in their home, support services, 24 hour emergency assistance and health insurance for the children. Mandatory training is provided by the county. To learn about becoming a foster parent, visit our website at or Karen Zahn at (920)683-4095.
Foster Care Program-Respite Homes
 Respite providers give a break or relief from caregiving responsibilities to a child's or youth's normal caregiver. Respite care is part-time care, generally 1-2 weekends per month, for foster children so their foster parents can have time away. Respite is also used for children who reside with their birth families to give the parents a break from normal caregiving responsibilities. Respite providers are certified and reimbursed by the Human Services Department. Provision of care is done within your own home. For more information and to learn more about respite care, visit our website at or call (920683-4230.
Foster Home Licensing - FR Unit
Independent Living Services - FR Unit
 ILP is designed to help foster youth gain the skills necessary for successful transition from out-of-home care to living independently in the community. This program ensures that all youth placed in out-of-home care receive basic living skills training and are provided assistance.
Intoxicated Driver Program - Clinical Serv. Unit
Manitowoc County Resource Directory - FRU Unit
 The Manitowoc County Resource Directory was created and is maintained by the Manitowoc County Human Services Department. It is meant to be a tool for anyone living in Manitowoc County to explore the resources that are available to them for almost any social need - medical, mental health, recreation, transportation, spirituality, education, and many others. The information on local resources will hopefully benefit many families and individuals who wish to access their own services without the assistance of the county's Human Services Department.
Medicaid - ES Unit - Job Center
Mental Health Services - Clinical Services Unit
Non-Discrimination Statement
 Please refer to the equal opportunity information from the Department of Health Services at In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, political beliefs, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (202) 720-5964 (voice and TDD). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Outpatient Services - Clinical Services Unit
Parent Aid Services - CFS Unit
SSI Interim Assistance - ES Unit - Job Center
Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP)
 Available through the ES Unit at the Job Center
Copyright 2001 Manitowoc County. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.
Website Created by Infinity Technology, Inc. Best viewed with browsers 4.0+